Sunday School and Vacation Bible School started in 1878.
In 1943, Pontoppidan began hosting Boy Scout Troops.
The parsonage next to the church was remodeled for Sunday School in 1953.
In 1958, the Parish Education Building was dedicated.
Members of Pontoppidan began writing their own Sunday School curriculum in 1989. In 1993, the church held an October seminar to demonstrate the curriculum to area churches.
In 1991, the Children’s Choir was divided into Musical Magic and Pont-Tunes.
The Youth Board was formed in 1995 to serve youth grades 7-12.
In 1999, Bridgetown Daycare was opened in the former Chamber of Commerce Building.
In 2001, Alpha! classes and Class 101 were started
In the Fall of 2002, WINGS (Witnesses for Christ In Love! God’s Children Grow! Service for the Lord!) and Head to the Heart Confirmation program started.