The First Church
- Construction began in August 1878.
- Located at 415 Third Street North (included some of the railroad crossing property).
- The building was first used for the Children’s Christmas Program in December 1879.
- Destroyed by the Fargo Fire on June 7th, 1893. The big church bell remained along with considerable amount of building stones, which were used for the new building.
The First Church Building 1878 – 1893
The Second Church
- The congregation used the Swedish Lutheran Church building while erecting the new church.
- A new site was purchased on the corner of 4th Avenue and 4th Street North (the site of the Western Newspaper building).
- Construction was in full swing by August of 1893.
- The cornerstone was laid in September 1893.
- By the end of October 1894, the church was ready for use.
- This new church cost approximately $4500.
- In 1912, the congregation was feeling growing pains: the church was too small, poorly ventilated and difficult to heat; a committee was formed and a building fund was started.
The Second Building 1893 – 1916
The Present Church
- In June 1913, a building site was purchased at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 4th Street North for $5500.
- Construction on the new church began in 1916. The cornerstone was laid July 16, 1916.
- The second church was sold to Western Newspaper Union and services were held at Aaker’s Business College during construction.
- Late in the fall, services were held in the basement of the new church.
- The new church was dedicated in the Spring of 1917.
- The cost of the new church was $30,000 (of which $13,000 was debt).
- In 1957, the congregation fought urban renewal plans to move the church from its site. The arguments were successful and the church property was accepted as being part of urban renewal.
The Present Church 1917 Present
- In 1973, the sanctuary was updated with new pews
- and a choir loft. The altar picture was relocated to the church entry.
- In 1983, the new cross was hung in the sanctuary.
- The elevator was installed in 1986.
- In 1990, the chapel was converted into the “Living Room”, the organ was rebuilt and a dishwasher was installed.
- A new sound system was placed in the Living Room and the office was remodeled in 1991.
- From 1994 to 1995, the lounge underwent renovation to create the “Trinity Room”.
- Project 2000 began in 1997 as a fundraiser for major renovations and repairs to the church: roof, bricks, fire alarm system and rewiring.
- In 1998, the process to purchase the Chamber of Commerce building next door began. In 1999, Bridgetown Daycare opened in that building.
- In October 2002, the sanctuary was painted and new carpet was installed.