During the 1920’s, as the congregation grew, the problem of transitioning from Norwegian to English services arose. First, the evening services were changed over to English, then the Sunday morning services were divided. Once the Sunday morning services were changed to English only, Norwegian services were still held in the church basement until 1942.
In 1939, weekly bulletins were introduced.
In 1953, 2 morning services were introduced.
In 1955, Pastor Ronning began broadcasting worship services on KFNW radio.
In 1963, the Lutheran Free Church became a member of the American Lutheran Church after several years of debate.
In 1988, Pontoppidan merged with the ELCA.
In 1984, Pontoppidan began videotaping church services for cable television.
The Contemporary Service was started in 1987.
The Constitution was updated in 1997.
In 2001, began giving Communion 2 times a month.
In July 2002, Pontoppidan’s first Christian Education Director was hired.